Traditions.

I love looking back on past holidays and reminicing on all the neat little details that were thrown in by someone who just wanted to start a family tradition.
Some of my favorites:
~Nut Salad- passed down from the Johns family. Mom makes it every Thanksgiving and Christmas, although I don't eat it with the raisins in it, it still wouldn't be the Holidays with out it, Thanks Mom.
~Reading the REAL Christmas Story~ Every morning, before the first present was opened, My father & brother have began the morning reading (one of the Gospels) the Christmas Story of Jesus's birth.
~P.J.'s for some reason, I remember getting a new pair of pajama's each year!
~Dad's gift for mom: the most memorable time was when we ventured out on Christmas Eve-- the only thing open was K-Mart. I don't know how long was spent there but I do know that mom really enjoyed her Christmas CD Dad bought her... I think it was right around the time that CD's came out and it was a "really" neat gift. LOL! Mom gets one every year now... :o)

Each of these Traditions take me back to wonderful timees with my family, I know I couldn't tell you exactly what I unwrapped that year, but I could tell you that each one of these "family traditions" were present. And that thinking of them, fills my heart with a warm feeling of love, peace and holiday spirit.

Since this will be our FIRST "Chapman Family Christmas" we will incorporate some of Dustin's family traditions with ours. (We'll keep the moonshine in the freezer though, babe! LOL)

1 week till Christmas. Keep a smile on your face through out this week!

1 comments:



Anonymous said...

we started the pj thing too with summer, that is about our only tradition...you look great in that pic below by the way!
salla