The Cows are out...

Let me start with a short preface:

We live on Rock Creek Rd. Rock Creek Rd is a road where several cattle farmers keep their cattle. With in maybe half a mile, there are 4 cow pastures full of cows.


When Dustin and I first moved to Green River we would always see cows out of their fence. Sometimes they'd be full grown, sometimes yearlings and sometimes they'd be a new calf. Either way, we'd do our best to herd them up and get them back into the pin that we thought they were from... It was a daily chore, rounding the cattle up... if only we had a cattle dod that would do the work for us... nah- that wouldn't be as entertaining as chasing a cow around an empty field in your truck... :) On one accasion we had a few cows in our front yard so I decided to hop onto the 4 wheeler and round em' up and get them back where they belong! Not such a good idea... after several attempts at herding them to the lower pasture, the farmer came by and with a quickness (and a few laughs) rounded them up with in a matter of seconds. :) I still blush thinking about it--- I can hear him now, "you know that city girl that lives up yonder..." LOL

Well- to my point- last night, right before 8:00 p.m. I had a knock at our door. Now, if you've ever been to my house, people don't just drive up our driveway or come looking for something this deep into the mountians. So I found it a little suspicious. I cracked the door open and found a lady standing outside my door wearing a suit. She immediately told me that she was driving through and there were a bunch of cows out and wanted to let someone know so they could take care of it. I laughed and told her my little stories. She ended up being from the local cemetery, selling burial plots. I should have told her if she wasn't careful, she might be needing a burial plot. You don't drive into the deep mountians and stop by people's houses that late in the evening. But I didn't. I told her we were going to be creamated and our ashes scattered at sea. :)

... now to proof read my little story and make sure it make sense!

0 comments: