Baby Meredith

February 24, 2008 at 11:06 PM EST
Last night the Lord gave me this verse...And He said, The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer. 2 Samuel 22:2 In my devotion it talked about the Israelites and all the things they would have missed if they had gone by the short route- the thrilling deliverance from Egypt's chariots when the sea was rolled back. It encouraged us to not ask for shortcuts and to keep alert for the wonders our Guide will show us in the wilderness. How appropriate this was for me. I feel like I am in the wilderness, a dry, lonely place where I feel like I have lost my way. But, everyime I get to this place, God brings me back. I feel like I can survive another day. His grace and mercy are amazing. Our friends and family have been incredible. I cannot express how grateful I am for each of you. You have carried many of my burdens as if they were your own. As I look back on my life, I see how each of you was webbed so perfectly into my journey. My Prayer Group of five years continues to pick me up in my darkest hours, my parents from Exploris Middle School have become my babysitters for Tyler and my organizers, my family has given me multiple shoulders to cry on and my best friend, Cat (who you all know by now) has been all these things including my personal assistant. God is so good to have given me each of you! Chris said to me a couple of weeks ago when this all started that this is the time to use all that I have learned in my Bible studies, Sunday School and church. Everything that I have learned about the Lord over the years was not for me to become a better Christian or a stronger person. It was all for this moment. I have to use everything I know about God... He is all knowing, in control. loving, faithful, He hears our cries, He comforts, He sustains us with His sure words- in a place where there is nothing else we can count on. Each day I struggle to remind myself of these things. Every day there are victories and great setbacks. Meredith is fighting and she is strong. Today was a terrible day full of worry and frustration. My heart brakes every minute I am with her. There is nothing worse than watching her hurt. I know you are praying your hearts out for our little Mer Mer. I ask you to continue doing so, we need God to zap all those tumors immediately- especially the ones around her brainstem. Pray for a better day tomorrow. Pray for her heartrate and breathing to get back to normal. Pray for her heart and lungs to stay strong and her body to fight the cancer. Pray for her to be free from infection. Most of all pray for her to feel God's comfort through this painful ordeal. Thanks for all of your love and care. Beth

0 comments: