Baby Meredith... :)

February 25, 2008 at 10:07 PM EST
Catherine Wagner Wrote: I am sure you are all aware that Sunday was a very difficult day for Beth and her family. Meredith is stable now and continuing to be strong. We are thankful that God gave them a new day today. Meredith opened her eyes again today and even had some slight movement of her leg. God is so good to answer our prayers of giving them small blessings in this storm. Meredith started Chemo again today and I just ask that you pray for God's strength for sweet Mer. God gave me a good reminder in my bible study today in Hebrews 13:5. He says... Never will I leave you and never will I forsake you. I was so comforted to have this reminder in a time that is so hard for my sweet friend. I claim this verse as God's promise to never leave tem. I am truly so blessed by their faith and know that God is with them...especially our precious Mer Mer. A very close friend has had it on her heart to fast for Meredith. She sent out and email to some of us about how she is planning to do this for Meredith. I am posting her email asking you all to consider joining us in fasting for Meredith. Right now Anna Marie has people dedicated to fast for at different times. We are looking for individuals who are interested in filling in the gaps of time. How amazing would it be to have each day covered in times of fasting for Meredith. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions. You can email her directly if you interested. (amgdiggs@gmail.com) Anna Marie's Email Not sure if all of you know me, but I am one of Beth's friends. We met at BSF and I was in her prayer group until moving to KY 2 years ago. Fasting has really been on my heart this past week. During this past week, I felt like God wanted me to email everyone so that we could be fasting as a group for the healing of Mer and peace for the family. Beth's latest email seemed like an open door to ask you guys to join in. A few years ago, I had few experiences with fasting and didn't really understand it. I'm still learning about how God uses fasting, but I'm convinced that it can be a powerful way for us to connect with God in prayer. The Bible consistently pairs prayer and fasting. A few years ago, my husband and three of their friends felt as if God was calling them to fast for another friend who was a nonbeliever and a heavy user of drugs and alcohol. They took turns fasting a day for two weeks for their friend. After the two weeks, they talked to their friend and he said that over the previous two weeks he had "no desire" for drugs or alcohol for the whole two weeks. This friend had no idea that they were fasting for him. This friend later went on to become a Christian. Also, some friends and family set aside some time to pray for my mother as she tried to quit smoking. She had been a smoker for almost 40 years, and I'm convinced that our prayers and fasting helped her quit. She has been a non-smoker for almost a year now. I'm writing this email because I'm hoping that maybe some of you will join me in fasting as we pray for healing for Meredith and peace for her family. I encourage you to think and pray about this to see if God may be leading you to fast as well. For me, fasting a meal, gives me time to focus on prayer, listen to God and study His word. I am going to fast one-two meals on Mondays. If you're interested in joining me, please email me so that we can coordinate times for fasting - how awesome to have someone fasting every day of the week, especially during this critical time.

0 comments: