My first mothers day...

Yesterday was one of the most sweetest days I've ever had... Dustin got us all up and fed and we got to church on time... it was raining though :(  In lieu, of Mothers Day, they were honoring 5 mothers with red rose corsages.  They all had different "titles" and mine happened to be "the mother with the youngest child" I was so honored to get to stand up in front of the church and be pinned with a beautiful Red rose!  I was giving an opportunity to say something... but being the last lady to say something, all those cheesy things had already been said... except for one.... talking about my mother.  I said how I was so thankful that my mother was such a Godly mother and that she focused on raising us right!  Now that I've got my soap box, maybe I can include those "cheesy" things the other ladies said... :)


It takes many wonderful things to happen in order to be a mother.  First, God has to chose you-  and I'm so glad he chose ME to be Pressley's mother.  I hope that I can totally fulfill Proverbs 31.  Secondly, it takes a mate, Dustin has such a beautiful heart. He's such a hard worker at everything he does, I often sit back and am amazed that God matched me with such a "Go-Getter"... not that I am lazy or lack motivation, but I know God has big plans for us.
Thirdly, it takes a child... mine being a dream, although yesterday, we was everything but a dream, she makes everything better. She IS my cherry on top!

So now that I've been on my soap box for a paragraph, I hope that will do.  My heart is so full of each one of those things that my little blog couldn't hold everything!

Dustin, Pressley and I went to Yoshida's Japanese Restaurant for Mothers Day Dinner ... I knew that some quiet little restaurant wouldn't do with Prissy there so I chose something, loud and entertaining... and thats exactly what it was!  It turns out, that my boss and his family were at our table too!  So we had such a wonderful time during lunch!

After lunch we stopped by Dustin's parents house to say hello and hang out before "dessert" and I recieved my Mothers day gift... Prissy gave me a handfull of "lemon drop" candies... for all those mouth puckering things I put in her mouth, she thought it only be fitting! :)  


Dustin gave me this beautiful silver, pearl & diamond cross necklace.  He wanted me to know that everything that incompasses the cross is what we need to focus on... what a sweetie!


After presents, we went and said hello to "nanno" Dustin's Grandmother... she had a gift for Prissy and wanted to give it to her.  She gave Prissy her very first Bible.  Look at her excitement!

1 comments:



Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great mother's day, jessica. Good job, Dustin for getting everybody fed and to church on time. see you two someday soon. Maggie and Chris