Picking up where I left off...

While I enjoyed my trip to Raleigh, I was ready to come home by the time the week came to a close. Being a "city girl" I never thought I'd ever say the words, I'm so glad to be back at home (now, Zirconia NC aka the sticks) Thinking on how my life has changed in the last 6 years still amazes me. I never thought I'd be dying to get back to a small 2 bedroom home nestled (like that word Dustin?) in the back woods of N.C. but I was. I didn't realize how hard it would be to tame a 1 yr old and get a new born on a schedule while away, but it proved that I was totally wrong. Both Pressley and I were out of our normal enviroment and it was more of a stressful time, spending the majority of my day telling her No, or chasing after her to prevent her from going up the stairs. :) The Joys of mother hood...

After I got back from Raleigh, I spent the next two weeks... doing... ummm I don't really remember! It obviously wasn't anything too important if I can't remember what it was, I'm sure it was going Christmas shopping, cooking, cleaning... resting, ... thats probably it. I guess looking back, I didn't do a darn thing, but isn't that what you supposed to do while on Maternity leave? It was a sweet time with my babies though, I enjoyed that!

I'll leave Christmas break for a future blog entry, and I will add pictures... But for the next one, I will simply post our Olan Mills Christmas picts... Enjoy them when I get them up!

0 comments: