Resolutions.

Here are 2 of my new years resolutions:


1: Be a better "load bearer"

A couple weeks back one of my devo's was about bearing the load for other people.  And I thought about what that meant and how I could bear the load for those close to me as well as those that aren't.  

2. Get in Shape!

I've been thinking a lot about getting back into some other shape other than round and decided that I wanted to work towards running, dare I say a marathon?!? :)  So I want to start out with the easiest run possible, a 3k.  

So that got me thinking about How can I accomplish both my resolutions at the same time, some what...  I began to pray about doing a run for a cause... not sure which one I wanted to do, but I knew that God would direct me to which one He would have me to do.  After a little research and some personal reflection, I felt that God was pushing me to the March of Dimes.  As a mother of 2 little ones, that were perfectly healthy newborns I don't know what I would do if one of them were pre-mature, or anything worse... but I do know that I would want people like me to go out and raise money to help find the cure for things that ale little babies.  Before I started doing research, I didn't know exactly what the March of Dimes was... I'd heard about it but never knew.  

Not only will I be running in the 3k to raise money.  I would also like to be a team leader of a group of people that will be running.  Hopefully, this will not be a hard task, to find people to run and raise money with me. If you are interested in donating money or running on my team, check out our website for Team W-I-T  (that stands for whatever it takes)  

Thanks guys!

1 comments:



Kara Wright said...

Hey girl! It's Kara Hursey, I keep up with your blog and love it. I have one myself and I really enjoy it. My husband ran a marathon a year ago-i have a pic on my blog of him finishing it. But you can do it, it takes a lot of training but you can! My blog is www.lkwright.blogspot.com. Congratulations on your kids! We haven't started yet! Maybe in a couple of more years!