To: My Father



Well as Daddy's little girl, I am pretty sure that my words don't need to be said, but Since Justin and Joel blogged about Dad, I knew that I couldn't go another day with out jotting some thoughts down. Now both of my brothers covered things well talking about Dad putting "tools" in our tool boxes and being a wonderful Christian Role model... so what would I have to say about my daddy that would compliment their thoughts...

My father's hands... always fit my hands perfectly... when I think of daddy's hands, I can imaging how big God's hands are... they make everything alright when you're being held by them.

My fathers smell... being 4 hours away from him I sometimes become anxious to be able to sit next to him and breath in the way he smells... this may be funny sounding... its not that he smells good or bad... its just his scent. As I sit at my desk at work, I can smell it... it reminds me of home.

My fathers stories... if you know my daddy, you know how animated his stories are... each detail is thought out and explained perfectly... he always knew how to add in that neat little extra... from hitting him in the mashed potatoes and gravy (his belly) to Jack and the bean stalk.

My fathers humor... the picture above says enough.

My fathers love... is so great, is so warm... is perfect.

1 comments:



Joel Johns said...

That Stunk! (Shameless reference to the smell paragraph)