Twinkies & Krispy Kreme

Well I am not sure where to start this blog, because it's going to be a conglomeration of several things that have happened this week. :/ I had planned to come back into town with a new healthy kick! Dustin and I have been talking for several months now about finding foods that will help his heart or heart healthy foods! So I planned meals, went online found good foods, reciepes etc. On Sunday, we both went to the grocery store and begun to work through my list of heart healthy foods. We didn't even make it to the bread section when my list was veto'd. He told me that he was going to stick to his 3 main food groups. Chicken, broccli & egg whites. Now, if you know me, I am very strong willed, and it ticked me off that he would throw all my planning out the window because he didn't want to eat preztels as a snack. Seriously... are you kidding me? So I told him that I was going to eat the heart healthy foods, and what ever he chose would be up to him to cook and eat. I wouldn't be any part of it! He then took the cart and proceeded through the isles looking for his items. About 30 minutes later we were in the check out line, getting ready to check out, and I look into the bottom of our cart and low and behold, there is a box of TWINKIES! I about fell out! Needless to say, he returned those twinkies. :)

During relax time last night, Dustin admitted to getting 4 twinkies out of the vending machine at work yesterday! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT! I packed him a nice meal of turkey speghetti with wheat pasta and a side of fresh pineapple to eat for lunch. Instead he had 4 twinkies. tisk tisk tisk.

So this morning, on my way into work, I picked up a whole DOZEN of fresh glazed HOT krispy kreme doughnuts... they are fabulous. I bet those twinkies don't taste too good now.

0 comments: