Our Family Motto...

Dustin and I have had this little motto for a while, and its been on the blog, but I've never really expanded on it. "Whatever it takes"... Having been married only a short time, and having a little one too, life is tough! I know, I know--- Everyone's life is tough in its own way, or it could always be alot tougher than it is now. But over the last few weeks, Dustin and I have been trying to focus only on positive things... removing the negative...

wow, where am I going with this? I started out talking about doing "whatever it takes" then jumped to being positive. : )
Maybe I'm supposed to write about both...

Whatever it takes-- so as I said before, Dustin and I started saying this when we were both so tired and didn't have any more to put into doing something... but finishing what we were doing was important... or if I didn't want to do something for Dustin... but he needed me to do it, I made the promise to him to do "whatever it takes" and he promised the same to me. We both hope that we can instill this principle into the children... that they can look back on their lives and say that their Mom and Dad loved each other and them so much that they would do whatever it took to make a difference. : ) That is a legacy I'd love to leave...

Onto the next, being positive--- also, another great legacy! With so much bad happening around the world, it can be so easy to get wrapped up in sad things... Its sad that the only thing on the new these days is bad news. It has got to the point where Dustin and I don't even turn the news on in the morning so we can start our day off on a good, happy note! I know that it is important to know what is going on in the world around you--- but really, is it necessary to do a news broadcast of a murder every night of the week... or the fatal crash that killed a family of 5? Yes, people do need to be informed or those things... but to focus so much of your time and attention on it?

0 comments: