Happy Place...

The other night, while trying to breath through some pretty painful and uneventful contractions, I remembered something I learned in my child birth classes last year... taking yourself to a relaxing place... in your mind... or as my brother Joel calls it, your happy place...

I thought it would be neat and fun to go find some pictures of things that make me happy... some of the images may seem stupid to you, but each one of these things brings joy to my heart. There are many more things, like my husband and my little girl... those are my true happy places... but I will have him there with me so I won't need to imagine him... plus he is pretty much responsible for the "pain" that I'm enduring!!!   :)


The beach,  I love the sound of the waves... the smell of the air, the soft breeze... I imagine sand squishing between my toes, and the taste of a shaved ice from that little local place by the pier.  Most often, this is where I try to picture myself at... pure relaxation.



Home... Dad & Mom's home... but a place that will always bring back such great memories... This picture is way old (1995) but those old times were some of the most precious!  I remember  family suprising us for special holidays on that front porch... climbing the cedar tree to the left of the house... "writing" poetry :) 



Kate Spade, Diaper Bags & Purses...  I love Kate Spade ANYTHING... the clean lines and the great colors... she's such a great designer... :)



Pink Cars... especially, Mini COOPERS! :)  This just makes me smile... I think that if I got to ever drive something like this around that I would alway have a smile plastered on my face!



Things that make me think of my Grandma Johns...  Grandma was always such a fun person, creative, ... so many things all wrapped into one... but every memory I have of her is priceless... she taught me how to sew, crochet, knit, build tee-pee's, and I'm sure a ton of other things too... She always had home made bread, and those yummy peach milkshakes... fishing off her dock always was the  perfect end to a fun day of swimming in the lake... 



Crab Legs... yummy yummy!!  I doubt that I will be thinking about Crab Legs while in labor... I doubt that I will be thinking about anything edible... but I thought it would be funny to throw this one in... now that I am starving for some of these... I'll have to find someone who sells them!!! :)  

2 comments:



Joel Johns said...

your'e such a goober.

Mary Lindsey said...

Okay, so have you had your baby?!?! Because you haven't been on here very much!!!! And, where did you go on facebook? Please update your friend waiting out here in internet land!