A Momma's Journey...



Okay, Mary Lindsey... :)




So Braelyn is here... Both Dustin and I will blog on our experience of her birth.

Here's my Journey...

12:30-1:30 Contractions about 5 minutes apart... very uncomfortable...

now if you remember, the Dr. told me to get to the hospital when my contractions were 10 minutes apart...

I woke up Dustin worried because my water hadn't broken and my contractions were so close, we were both convinced that they were the braxton hicks and that if we'd wait things out they would go away... but the pain kept getting worse so Dustin called the Dr. and she instructed us get to the hospital ASAP!!! We both started getting ready, luckily I had everything pretty much ready to go, but Dustin wanted to shave and shower before leaving, so I decided that while he was doing that I would do my hair and makeup! :) I wanted to look good for any pictures that would be taken!!

We got on the road about 2:30 and dropped Pressley off at Janes; and then headed to the hospital. As we were getting off 40- the snow started falling... it was a nice treat!

They checked us in at the ER and sent us up to get checked out, I informed the nurses no matter how close to 10cm I was I wanted an epidrual! :) I'm gonna do a little dialog...

Nurse: Wow, your blood pressure sure is high... I think I know why... (she begins checking to see how dialated I am) oh yeah---
Jessica: what?
Dustin: what?
Nurse: You're 8.5 cm dilated with a bulging bag... you're gonna have a baby in a couple hours...
Jessica (about to cry): and mom and dad aren't going to make it in time! Dust, CALL MOM AND DAD~
Nurse: okay, we've gotta get you to Labor and Delivery quick!

They wheeled me up to labor and delivery very quickly... as we would pass a nurse, each one had something to throw on my bed that I would need in my room! It was quite funny! Our room over looked the mountains where I-40 passed through, so it was a pretty view!

We got into our room, and the nurses immediatly drew my blood and sent it to the labs so I could get my epi! Dustin called our Doula and she arrived ...

It took 2 times for my epidrual to take, but once it did, I was mucho relived!!! We tried to hold off as long as we could for my parents to get there but as any mother who has delivered a baby, the "need to push" came and we had to push!

Just as the sun was coming up behind the mountians... with snow slowly falling, our daughter was born. I began pushing aroun 6:45 a.m and somwhere before 7:02 Dustin got to get in the action and deliver our little girl.

Braelyn Mae Chapman
Born 7:02 a.m. on 11/16
7lbs 8oz 19.4" long
Black hair
Dark Blue eyes

...
...
...

I am exhausted... emotionally & physically... I will write more later... right now, we all just need prayer.

keep your eyes peeled for a Daddy's Journey--- Dustin's story of Braelyn's birth.

2 comments:



Anonymous said...

Congrats Dustin,Jessica,Pressley,Chance and welcome to the world baby Braelyn!!! She is a beautiful little doll!! :)

Mary Lindsey said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO EXCITED!!! THANK YOU!!! I knew something was going on!

SO, I know that you are tired, and I WILL be praying for you... but, I must say you are *glowing* in your picture, Jess! Even right after having a baby! What a sweet little peanut you have. Can't wait to hear Dustin's version :-)

Remember this season will pass all too quickly. Enjoy snuggling your girl in the middle of night... you will eventually catch up on your sleep again!

Love you!
Mary Lindsey