Sweet Things...

Well, once again, I've been hit by the country bug--- I was given a huge amount of apples the other day and was told- Go make apple butter. So, I got the recipe, peeled the apples, cored them and put them in the crock pot to cook over night. I didn't know how much I would actually enjoy doing it, but I really did! The smell of cinnamon, cloves, sugar and apples cooking in your house always make for a welcoming scent! Plus with the weather being a little chilly and rainy, it has made the house very cozy! Last night, I started my second batch of apple butter, and so far it has turned out better than the first batch. Man is it Good!

Another sweet thing I have at my house is our sweet little girl! She is such a dear! Last night, we were playing in the floor and Pressley walked over and grabbed a book out of her toy box, brought it back to me and sat in my lap. It was so sweet to see that she just wanted to spend some quiet time reading with her Mommy! I don't think I'll ever forget that moment as long as I live.

0 comments: